Drive Pacifica Elite Compressor Nebulizer provides a source of compressed air for home health care use. It converts certain inhalable drugs into an aerosol form for inhalation by a patient. Pacifica nebulizer is a workhorse with higher liter flows, shorter treatment times and quieter operation than similar economy compressor nebulizers.
Benefits of Pacifica Elite Nebulizer
- Delivers consistent particle size of <5 microns and fast treatment times
- Lightweight design of 4.1 lbs makes it extremely portable
- Powerful piston pump is quiet, efficient, and dependable
- Easy to clean nebulizer kit is included
- Ideal for adult or pediatric patients
What does Drive Pacifica Nebulizer Include?
Drive Pacifica Elite Nebulizer includes the following:
- Medication cup
- 7 feet tubing
- Reservoir tube
How to use Pacifica Elite Compressor Nebulizer?
Follow the below given Pacifica Elite compressor nebulizer instructions for use to successfully operate the machine and take efficient nebulizer treatment:
Operating the Pacifica Compressor
- Before each use inspect the compressor and nebulizer cup assembly for damage or wear, replace as needed.
- Place the Pacifica Elite Compressor on a table or other flat stable surface. Be sure you can easily reach the controls when seated. Do not use this device on the floor.
- With the power switch in the O (OFF) position, plug the power cord into an appropriate electrical wall outlet.
- Connect one end of the tubing to the compressor air-outlet connector.
- Assemble the nebulizer cup and add indicated medication to the nebulizer cup before use.
- Attach the other end of the tubing into the air-inlet connector found at the bottom of the nebulizer cup.
- Turn on the Pacifica Elite Compressor by pressing the power switch to the I (ON) position and begin treatment.
- If treatment needs to be interrupted, simply press power switch to O (OFF) position.
- When the treatment is complete, turn off the compressor by pressing the power switch to O (OFF) position and unplug the unit from the electrical outlet.
How to take the treatment from Pacifica Nebulizer?
- Sit up straight and breathe in deep.
- Attempt to breathe in so deeply that it feels as though the lungs are completely full of air and inhaling any additional air is impossible.
- If possible, hold your breath for 1-2 seconds unless directed otherwise by your physician and then slowly exhale through the nebulizer mouthpiece or mask.
- Holding your breath for 1-2 seconds after inhaling the medication allows for optimal absorption of medication in the lungs.
- Repeat this breathing pattern for the entire treatment.
- The length of a treatment can last anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes, depending on the amount of medication and the performance of your compressor and nebulizer system.
- When you cannot see any medication in the nebulizer cup and the nebulizer has stopped producing a mist, the treatment has been completed.
How to clean Drive Pacifica Elite Nebulizer?
Pacifica Nebulizer Cleaning
- With power switch in the “Off” position, unplug power cord from wall outlet.
- Disconnect tubing from the air-inlet connector and set aside.
- Disassemble mouthpiece or mask from cap. Open nebulizer by turning cap counterclockwise and remove baffle.
- Wash all items, except tubing, in a hot water/dishwashing detergent solution. Rinse under hot tap water for 30 seconds to remove detergent residue. Allow to air dry.
- For reusable nebulizer only, it can be cleaned daily in dishwasher using top shelf or by following the above cleaning procedure.
- Drive Reusable Nebulizer is dishwasher safe, but do not place any Drive Disposable Nebulizer parts in an automatic dishwasher; doing so could cause damage.
Pacifica Compressor Cleaning
- With power switch in the “Off ” position, unplug power cord from wall outlet.
- Wipe outside of the compressor cabinet with a clean damp cloth every few days to keep dust-free.
- Do not submerge in water; doing so will result in compressor damage.
Pacifica Elite Compressor Nebulizer Filter Change
- Filter should be changed every 6 months or sooner if filter discolors.
- Remove filter by grasping it firmly and pulling out of the unit. Discard old filter.
- Replace with a new Drive filter. Additional filters should be purchased from your Drive provider.
- Push new filter into position.
- Do not reuse or wash filter or substitute any other material such as cotton for a Drive air-inlet filter. It will result in compressor damage.
||115 VAC 60Hz
|Method of Nebulization
||0.5 micron to 5 micron
||7.5" (W) x 4.0" (H) x 6.8" (D)
||Limited 5 Year